This Code of Conduct and Ethics is a set of principles and guidelines that each member of Professional Organizers in Canada agrees to adopt for the exercise of judgment, self-restraint and conscience.
- I will provide to all people truthful and accurate information with respect to professional performance of duties and completion of contracts. When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the service of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- I will have empathy for the client and the assignment by practicing positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- I will respect the confidential nature of the client’s information, and will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- I will maintain an objective manner to promote and encourage the highest level of conduct and ethics within the organizing profession.
- I will seek to deal with other POC members, professional colleagues, suppliers and employees in a fair and equitable manner, and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the organizing profession.
- I will deal openly with those areas that may be deemed a conflict of interest.
- I will protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and attempt to eliminate from POC all practices that bring discredit to the organizing profession.
- I will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- I will extend these same professional commitments to all those persons supervised or employed.
- I will strive for excellence in all aspects of the organizing profession.