ReDesign for Selling – Dilemma
These homeowners had recently combined two households and had listed their home for sale. In an attempt to stage their home themselves, they had started to try to downsize and pack up some of their belongings in preparation for their open house. It became much too overwhelming, and they wisely brought Neila in to help with the process.
Organizing & ReDesign Staging Solution
- The process began with a large scale downsizing and packing of the belongings that would not be used to stage the home.
- Curio cabinets and display cases on walls, which housed personal collections, were removed.
- The packed items, numerous furniture pieces, and some electronics were removed from the home and stored in a large Big Steel Box container.
- The home was painted throughout / baseboards were added / kitchen counters were replaced / all kitchen and bathroom hardware was replaced / several small repairs were made / porch floor was painted and area rug added / some window coverings were replaced / living room fireplace was painted / all hanging ornaments and plants were taken down / all artwork was removed and choice pieces rehung.
- The home was cleaned and remaining furniture was repositioned.
- With the exception of some accessories, all the furnishings were the property of the homeowners.
- These homeowners worked very hard to achieve the results necessary to show this property and greatly increased their selling prospects by doing so.
- The result was a stunning transformation & property viewers could now see this lovely home without struggling to see past the owner’s belongings and personal style.
Note: ReDesign Staging does not always mean you will end up with show home quality results, because it is a service designed for limited budgets that cannot accommodate furniture rentals; however, it is a much more affordable way to get your home open-house-ready, especially when considerable repairs and downsizing are also required.